One thing that’s important when you’re in business is consistency of branding – make sure the style your website matches that of your business cards for example … and make sure your also have your website URL branded to make more of an impact!
The”favicon” – pronounced “fave icon” – is the little icon to the left of the website URL and name in this picture … and it’s not that hard to create one.
- Create a small square image reflecting your brand.
- Go to a Favicon Generator site and follow the instructions to upload this image, create an icon and download the result.
- Upload the resulting icon, using FTP, to your hosting account.
- Some WordPress themes have functionality where you can updte the favicon from within the theme, but this isn’t all that common.
- It can take several hours for the icon to be updated all across the internet – but by the day after you’ve made the update, you should see it on your site no problem.
One of the really cool benefits of doing this is, when someone bookmarks (or favourites) your website in their browser, the icon is also shown next to your site in the saved list – making your URL so much easier to find as it’s branded!
If this has been useful, please share it using any of the buttons below