Today I’m going to write a little more personally about business, instead of yet another (admittedly handy!!) technical tip.
It’s all very well having loads of technical know-how and marketing tips, or knowing a fair bit about social media or SEO, but sometimes being in business on your own can just be tough! And having someone to chat to, to call for help or bounce ideas off is a blessing.
I got the idea for today’s post after Skyping with my friend Val in the US. We became friends in London when we worked together back in about 2001 or 2002. We stayed friends after we no longer worked together, meeting for coffee & a chat, and talking about everything from computers to photography and cats. We couldn’t let that stop when she went to the US!! And so we both still regularly run ideas past the other, and exchange great website links and ideas. And if one of us is feeling a bit down because we lost a client or got stuck with something, we’re there at the end of a Skype chat. (And that’s just on the business side of things…)
This also made me think of other who have supported me in my business over the years:
- my business coach Tony Brooks, who knows the right questions to ask to really make me think (and squirm!) and challenge myself. I look forward to this year with him helping me with my goals and accountability.
- my life coach Lusanna Hoddell, who I worked with from 2007 to 2009, who helped me through the transition from “suffering” after being made redundant, to working through the “stuff” in my mind that I needed to move past to confident about starting my own business.
- networking friends who over the years have been there to chat to, exchange business ideas with & be friends with.
- More recently, my wonderful Twitter friends who let me know I’m on the right track with my blogging by sharing the good stuff – thanks!!!
- People like Faith Barnard and Michelle Shaeffer and Michele Scism who take large amounts of their own time to create blogging challenges that help connect people and promote our business … and learn … huge amounts!
- And Val for saying I’m an inspiration to her
So if you’re finding life as a business owner a little lonely, reach out to people who are there to help – coaches, friends, bloggers… peoples hearts are huge!
Share this post using any of the buttons below
And leave a comment!
Wishing you success…