SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an important means of improving your blog’s ability to be found by search engines, for keywords or phrases that are relevant to your niche or market.
Here is a summary of 8 excellent tips to improving the SEO of your blog:
- Content is King - quality, relevance, freshness … you can’t underestimate the importance of content!
- Anticipate What People Will be Searching For – how will people search for information that YOU want them to find? Remember write you keyword list from your visitors perspective, not the perspective of your thoughts or what you have written in the post.
- Titles Titles Titles – structure your post titles carefully (include keywords) and make sure you populate title tags with keywords too.
- Keywords in other parts of your post – use the keywords people will be searching for, in your post – but make them relevant and in context!
- Link to Your Own Posts – this is a little like getting backlinks, but within your own site. But don’t over-use!
- Links from Outside Your Blog – useful for page ranking, and attracting visitors; you can also help get backlinks by commenting in forums & other blogs, and adding in your website details where they are asked for.
- WordPress Plugins – use the tools that WordPress contributors create; they can be pretty powerful at helping with SEO. For example, “All In One SEO Pack” makes it easier to add in title tags & keywords.
- Readers Begat Readers – give your readers good value & interesting content, and they will tell their friends about you… and the friends will tell their friends about you … and…
Here is a link to the original article I wrote this summary from; credits to Darren Rowse of Problogger.